I have got idea to make brutti ma buoni from Emilio Cugnetto. I have little bit changed his recipe.
Brutti ma buoni means "Ugly but good". In my opinion those cookies are adorable! I love their taste. Very good to eat them with cafe latte or cappucino.
250 gram. of walnuts
200 gram. of any of your favourite nuts (for example hazelnuts, pistachios)
1 cup of icing sugar
5 eggs whites (room temperature)
4 tablespoons of sifted flour
1 teaspoon of vanilla esence.
1. Preheat oven to 170 Celsius degrees
2. Whisk egg whites for about few minutes. When you see they are start look like foam add sugar.
3. Whisk for about 6 minutes on medium speed.
4. When eggs whites change consistency to silky, smooth they are ready.
5. Use spoon and gently mix nuts, flour and vanilla extract with batter.
6. Grease baking pan and sprinkle it with flour or bread crumbs.
7. Drop batter from a rounded teaspoon. Live space between cookies.
8. Bake for about 25 minutes until golden colour.
9. They crush easily so be very careful with brutti ma buoni.