When I was young we had classes at school called ZPT. We learned how to cook, sew, repair stuff. At one of those lessons we had to bake cake. My friend Asia shared with us her family's Apple Pie recipe.
Since that time I am baking it quite often. The best is with vanilla ice-cream.
3 cups plain flour
0,5 cup sugar (for cake)
200 g unsalted butter
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla esence
4 heaped spoonful sour cream
2 teaspoon bakng powder
2 kg apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup sugar (for apple jam)
1. Combine butter, flour, egg yolks, vanilla esence, and sugar. When ingredients are well combined divide dough for two parts. Cover them with wrapping foil and put to fridge for few hours.
2. In mean-time. Peel and grate apples. Boil them with sugar at very low heat. When water evaporate add cinnamon. Ready apples leave to cool.
3. Preheat oven to 180 C.
4. Prepare square baking tray - grease it and sprinkle with bread crumbles or semolina.
5. Remove dough from fridge. Grate one part to baking tray. Spread apples on it. Then grate last part of cake.
6. Bake for about 45 minutes.
7. When ready and cool cut it to squares.
8. Serve warm with vanilla ice-creams.