This cake is perfect for colder afternoons. Hot tea with warm cake is like heaven :). Recipe for maidera cake is from book "Cakes and Slices" (Murdoch Books).
180 g unsalted butter
170 g caster sugar (I used 140 g)
165 g self-raising flour
2 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Jar seedless raspberry jam (regular size)
1. Prepare 2 loaf tins (grease them).
2. Pre-heat oven to 160 C degrees.
3. Mix butter with sugar until mixture change color to light cream and will be fluffy.
4. Add one egg at a time and mix well.
5. Add flour, lemon zest and lemon juice. Combine well.
6. Turn into prepared tins.
7. Bake for about 40 minutes. Look after this cake, maybe it will bake faster.
8. When ready allow to cool.
9. To each loaf tin add half a jar of jam.
10. Put cake on jam.
11. 15 minutes before serving put tins to pre-heated oven to 150 C degrees.
16. Serve hot and decorate with jam.