I love this Italian little delicate dessert. Perfect for warm days. To make this dessert I have used recipe from "Silver Spoon" and little change it.
Serves: 6 small panna cottas
6 g powder gelatine
50 ml milk
250 ml double cream
50 g caster sugar
1 vanilla pod or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
half teaspoon coffee (instant)
1. Fill a small bowl with water, then sprinkle gelatine. Leave it to soak.
2. Pour milk to saucepan. Warm it. Add gelatine. Mix. Bring it just to simmmering point. Do not allow to boil! Remove from heat.
3. Pour cream to another saucepan, add coffee, sugar, vanilla. Stir it (constantly) and bring to boil.
4. Immediately remove from heat. Stir in milk mixture.
5. Rinse out cake tins or muffin moulds, shake out any excess. Fill with mixture.
6. Chill in fridge for about 2 hours or more.
7. Serve with chocolate or strawberry sauce.