If you like peanut butter this cheesecake is a must to try!
Ingredients for a 23 cm springform tin:
for the base:
200 g digestive biscuits
50 g salted peanuts
100 g dark chocolate chips
50 g softed unsalted butter
for the filling:
500 g cream cheese
3 eggs yolks
200 g caster sugar
125 ml sour cream
250 g peanut butter (I have gave crunchy one)
for the topping:
250 ml sour cream
100 g milk chocolate chips
30 g soft brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 170 C/gas mark 3.
2. Process the biscuits, peanuts, chocolate and butter for the base in a food processor.
3. Once it come together in a chump, turn it out into springform tin and press into the bottom and up the sides to make the crunchy crust. Put in fridge while you make the filling.
4. Process cream cheese, eggs and egg yolks, sugar, sour cream and peanut butter and whizzling to a smooth mixture.
5. Pour and scrape filling into the base and cook it for 1 hour. The top should be dry and set.
6. After 50 minutes of baking take the cheesecake out of the oven while you make the topping: warm the sour cream and chocolate with the brown sugar gently in a small saucepan over a low heat, whisking to blend in the chocolate as it melts, and then take it off from the heat.
7. Spoon and spread the topping very gently over the top of cheesecake, being as careful as you can in case you can brake the surface of the cheesecake. Put cheesecake back in the oven for a final 10 minutes. Cool cheesecake inside switched off oven.
8. Put cold cheesecake in the fridge overnight.