I love Italian cuisine. In my opinion it is the most complex and healthy diet...of course it is delicious too!
Caprese salad is really simple to do (you don't need to have any kitchen skills to make it!). It is perfect Summer dish.
- medium tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes)
- some fresh basil leafs
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- dried basil (optional)
1. Slice tomatoes and mozzarella.
2. Placed slices on a plate and decorate with fresh basil.
3. Combine olive oil with sal, pepper and dried basil.
4. Pour olive oil mixture over salad.
Method 2 (caprese salad skewers):
1. Cut small cubes from the tomatoes (you can also use small cherry tomatoes and you don't have to cut them) and mozzarella.
2. Stab a toothpick through a mozzarella, basil leaf and tomato.
3. Place skewers onto plate and drizzle with the dressing (olive oil mixed with salt, pepper and dried basil).