This was my first bake with lavender and I must say that I really liked it :). friends from my work also.
Recipe: Yotam Ottolenghi :)
Makes 12 small bundts.
- 225 g unsalted butter, soften
- 115g caster sugar (I’ve used 90g)
- 115 g runny honey
- 3 eggs
- 245 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ bicarbonate of soda
- ½ ground cinnamon (I’ve used cassia)
- pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
- ½ - 1 tsp ground dried lavender
- 110 ml soured cream
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C/Gas Mark 3.
2. Grease forms and sprinkle them with little flour.
3. Cream the butter, sugar and honey together until fluffy.
4. Gradually add eggs to the creamed mixture. Mix it well.
5. Gradually add sifted: flour, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, lavender, soda, and baking powder to the mixture, and then add cream.
6. Pour batter into tins.
7. Bake for about 25-30 minutes.
8. Ready teacakes leave to cool.
Ingredients for glaze:
- 20 ml lemon juice
- 2 tsp honey
- about 100 g icing sugar
- dried lavender (for decoration)
1. Mix the lemon juice and honey together, then whisk in icing sugar (you may need more icing sugar to make thick glaze).
2. Coat cakes with glaze and sprinkle with dried lavender.