This is Alessandra Zecchini's recipe from her book "Savour. Irrestible pizzas, pies, tarts and bread".
Ingredients for 6 or for 1 large thick pizza slab:
2 x 400 g cans Italian peeled tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, peeled
2 tablespoons olive oil
small handfull of fresh basil leaves (I mixed them with fresh oregano)
salt to taste
1. Place tomatoes with juice in a blender.
2. Add the garlic and blend until smooth.
3. Rinse out one of the cans with 1/2 cup water and pour into large frying pan.
4. Add the blended tomato mixture and bring to the boil.
5. Simmer, stirring from time to time, for at least 30 minutes or until the sauce is so thick that when you stir it with a wooden spoon you can see the bottom of the pan.
6. Add the olive oil, fresh herbs and salt to taste.
7. Cover and set aside until needed.
You can use it also to pasta.