I love this dish. Filo is crusty and taste of herbs refreshing. Perfect food for sunny hot day.
Ready chilled filo
300 g turkey breast fillets
half of large green pepper
half of large yellow pepper
2 medium tomatoes
3 full tablespoons parsley
2 garlic cloves
half of medium onion
2 tablespoons basil
1. Wash meat and cut to small cubes. Cut onion to very small cubes. Fry onion and turkey on pan. Do not add a lot of oil. When meat change colour to golden-brown add crushed garlic. Fry one minute more. Take pan from heat and leave meat to cool.
2. To a bowl add chopped herbs, cut to small cubes mozzarella, cut to small cubes yellow and green peppers, cut to small cubes tomatoes. Season them as you like. Mix vegetables with turkey.
3. Preheat oven to 160 C.
4. You will need muffin tray - grease each nest with an oil.
5. Take filo and cut it to 4 same size squares (each square will contain few layers of filo).
6. Gently grease 4 layers of filo with an oil (use pastry brush for that) and stick them together. Add 2 tablespoons filling to the middle of square. Shape filo to pouch shape and put it to muffin tray.
Repeat work with rest of filo's squares and filling. You should make 12 pouches.
7. Bake pouches for about 15 - 20 minutes or until filo will change colour to golden-brown.
8. Serve hot.