Another Alessandra Zecchini's recipe (from "Savour. Irrestible pizzas, pies, tarts and bread").
Pizza was great! Thanks to wholemeal flour we can say it is healthier than traditional pizza.
400 ml warm water
2 1/2 teaspoons active yeast granules
1/4 teaspoon sugar
500 g wholemeal flour, plus extra for dusting
large pinch of salt
2 x quantites Tomato Sauce (RECIPE - click :) )
Topping (use your own toppings and quantites):
1. Place the warm water in a large bowl, add the yeast and sugar and set aside for 5 minutes.
2. When yeast starts to bubble, add the flour and salt.
3. Knead for about 10 minutes. Dough will be quite sticky so keep it in the bowl).
4. Shape the dough into a ball and sprinkle generously with the extra flour.
5. Leave it to rise, covered with a teatowel, for about 2 hours.
6. In the meantime make a double batch of tomato sauce.
7. Preheat the oven to 230 C (450 F)
8. Pounch the dough, but don't knead it. Place it directly on an oven tray, lined with baking paper and push it down with your fingers to cover the entire surface of tray
9. Top with tomato sauce, sprinkle with the salt, and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes
10. Slice mozzaralla on pizza and add rest to the topping. Put back to oven for about 10 minutes
11. Serve warm.