Most of people like flavour combination of cherries and chocolate. I baked this cake some time ago but I still remember that it was just great :).
Ingredients for 21 cm square cake tin:
0,5 cup sugar
1,5 cup flour
1,5 tablespoon milk
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
40 dkg frozen or fresh cherries (seedless)
1,5 teaspoon baking powder
188 g soft butter
1. Cream butter with sugar until lighter and fluffy.
2. Add eggs (one a time). Keep mixing.
3. Add vanilla extract.
4. Sift flour with baking powder. Add them to cake. Mix with a spatula.
5. Coat baking tin with a butter and semolina.
6. Split the pastry into two. To one add cocoa and milk. Mix.
7. Pour white batter into cake tin. Black one pour on top of it.
8. Put cherries in regular distances on the top of batter. Press cherries lightly.
9. Bake cake for about 20 – 25 minutes in pre-heated oven to 180 C (350F).