I have made this cake for my good friend who is addicted to chocolate (honestly!). She really loved it so I hope you will find it tasty also :).
- 200 grams plain flour
- 2 tablespoon jam
- 180 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.5 teaspoon baking soda
- 175 grams unsalted butter, room temp.
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 140 grams sour cream or crème fraiche
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C degrees (350F).
2. Grease and sprinkle with flour cake form (23x12 cm).
3. Put all the cake ingredients into a bowl and mix it until smooth and fluffy batter.
4. Pour butter into prepared cake form.
5. Bake for about 35 minutes (it may take longer as every oven is different).
6. Put baked cake on wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes before turning out of the tin.
7. Let it cool completely.
Ingredients for Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- 210 g dark chocolate
- 200 ml double cream
1. Melt chocolate with cream over a double boiler.
2. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. Refrigerate until firm (usually one hour is enough).
4. Beat until light and fluffy.
5. Cut cold cake in a half.
6. Spread some ganache over a cake and place cherries. Spread some ganache over cherries and place top of the cake on it.
7. Spread cake with rest of ganache and decorate with fresh cherries and chocolate decorations.