Very easy and delicious vegetarian gnocchi. A must try :)
Gordon Ramsay’s recipe.
- 2 large floury potatoes, baked or cooked
- 50 g ricotta cheese
- 90 g plain flour (I used 45 g plain flour and 45 g wholemeal one)
- 1 egg
- thymes leaves from one sprig
1. Mash potatoes until smooth.
2. Mix in the ricotta, pinch of salt, pepper, and the flour.
3. Make a well in the middle and add egg.
4. Combine the mixture until smooth dough has formed.
5. Divide dough into 3 pieces and shape each one into a long cigar.
6. Cut each length into 2cm pieces to make gnocchi.
7. Gently make a dent in each one.
8. Add the gnocchi to a large pan of boiling lightly salted water.
9. Simmer for about 2-3 minutes, until gnocchi start to float.
10. Drian and leave gnocchi to dry fo few minutes.
- olive oil
- 150 g peas (frozen or fresh)
- knob of butter
- thyme leaves from one sprig
- zest of 1 lemon
- grated parmesan to serve
1. Heat frying pan and add little olive oil.
2. Fry gnocchi-both side until golden-brown.
3. Add the peas, butter, salt, pepper, lemon zest. Toss.
4. Serve with grated parmesan.