Last week we celebrated Pancakes Day in UK. I made my favourite ricotta pancakes and added to batter classic combination of lemon and poppy seeds. :)
Ingredients for 5 big and thick pancakes:
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 200 grams plain flour
- 50 grams sugar
- pinch of salt
- lemon zest from half lemon (can use more)
- around 250 ml milk
- 150 grams ricotta
- 2 large eggs
- fruits/honey/syrup, etc. to serve
Eggs, milk and ricotta need to be in room temperature.
1. Whisk the egg whites (with salt) until nearly stiff.
2. Mix together flour, egg yolks, ricotta, baking powder, sugar, milk, lemon zest, and poppy seeds.
3. Carefully fold in beaten egg whites.
5. Serve hot with fresh fruits, honey or whatever you like :)