Everyone loves brownie! Strong chocolate flavour and gooey texture is perfect comfort food.
Cake was invented 100 years ago probably by pastry chefs from Palmer House Hotel from Chicago. First brownie recipe was published in 1904.
|Bertha Palmer (sours: Wikipedia)|
Adapted Nigella Lawson's recipe.
225 g dark chocolate
225 g butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
200 g caster sugar
3 eggs, beaten
150 g ground almonds
raspberries (fresh or frozen)
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C/gas mark 3.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter gently over a low heat.
3. Take the pan off the heat, miz in the vanilla and sugar, and let it cool a little.
4. Beat the eggs into the pan along with the ground almonds.
5. Turn into a 24 cm square or round baking tin.
6. Place raspberries over a cake and press each one into a batter.
7. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes - top should be set but the mixture will be gooey.