Followers

Thursday 8 August 2013

Souvlaki with chicken leftovers, feta and grilled tomatoes



Souvlaki is an excellent idea on what to do with chicken leftovers (you can also use turkey). I must admit this is one of my favourites lunch recipes and I tent to do it really often. 

Ingredients for 2 large souvlaki:

  • 2 pita breads
  • meat from baked 2 chicken legs
  • red onion, sliced
  • bell red pepper, sliced
  • feta cheese, crushed
  • cherry tomatoes, grilled
  • lettuce



Method:

1. Cut pita into pockets. 
2. Fill each pocket with all the ingredients.  
3. You can serve souvlaki with tzatziki sauce but in my opinion it is not necessary. I like it just with grilled tomatoes (thanks to them dish is enough juicy).   


1 comment:

  1. I make a pretty mean gyro...but man, I looove the addition of grilled tomatoes. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment :))